Svensmark og Benestad

Started by Ryddegutt, 27.05.2016, 15:38:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryddegutt

Her er et lite eksempel på hvordan Phil Jones gir råd til Trenberth om hvem han bør velge til å foreta en "søkende og nøytral" forskning av klima. Ser ut som Benestad er populær siden han tilhører den korrekte siden, dvs "anti-Svensmark".

Forskjellen mellom en barnehage og CRU/IPCC er ikke så stor...

QuoteKevin,
         Hopefully Brian Soden is just away for a 2 week vacation. If not this doesn't augur
well.
     Sarah Raper told me that Ambenje was at Maynooth last month for the IPCC meeting there.
         The additional list sent from WG1 contains a FEW useful names. There are some who
     are CLAs/LAs on other chapters (Forster, Hegerl, Hewitson, Karoly, Lean, Nicholls,
Peterson
      and Villalba). Of those only Neville Nicholls, Bruce Hewitson and Tom Peterson would
likely
     have been useful.
         As for the others, there are loads I've never heard of. Useful ones might be Baldwin,
     Benestad (written on the solar/cloud issue - on the right side, i.e anti-Svensmark),
     Bohm, Brown, Christy (will be have to involve him ?), Dai (good), Fraedrich (circulation),
     Frei (good, for extremes), Fyfe (circulation), Gallo, Groisman, Hanssen-Bauer (OK),
     Hurrell (good), King (good for Antarctic), Kodera, Kunkel (has written stuff, but never
met him),
     McBride (OK, but will he do anything in our timeframe), Nobre (simialr to McBride),
     Power (good), Rayner (good but will mostly be in the oceans chapter), Salinger (knows the
     ropes), Seidel (good), Stephenson (just about OK), Vose (probably) and Zhang. There are
     a few others (e.g. Ramaswamy, but they seem more appropriate elsewhere in AR4).
     WRT to Aiguo and Jim with you, there are three people here in CRU (Tim Osborn, Clare
Goodess
     and Malcolm Haylock) who could also be useful. Malcolm is putting together the European
     part of the background on extremes that Dave Easterling mentioned. Tim Carter is
     co-ordinating this for WGII. Should be available for end of June. Malcolm is collecting
     references with a bit of text. I have the S. American part. I'll email this when have all
     continents - should be useful for Trieste.
      There are a number of S. Americans for Matilde to use. Will likely need to try to use
     Bruce Hewitson to make sure we have decent Africans. Can discuss with Bruce in Trieste.
     The extremes workshop attached to the IMSC went well, so he should know whether
     we have any good ones.
      There are a few I would want nothing to do with - Gerstengarbe, Michaels, Schoenwiese.
     Also like to avoid Grassl and Gruza and probably Ogallo.

Just a few quick thoughts on the list. Move is still set for June 25 - will be away
from June 23
     for about 2 weeks. Will occasionally come in a couple of times a week for an hour or
     two.
     Cheers
     Phil

http://www.ecowho.com/foia.php?file=3205.txt&search=benestad