Philip Jones og hunden som spiste opp boken min

Started by Ryddegutt, 18.05.2016, 23:33:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryddegutt

McIntyre er som kjent en fryktet revisor blant alarmistene som har avslørt mye av svindelen og manipuleringen som "The Team" har stått bak. Her er en gammel post om hvordan Philip Jones i CRU har fantasert frem unnskyldninger for å kunne skjule data. (Altså metrologisk data som allerede er betalt av skattebetalerne i de respektive land)

QuoteIf one is trying to narrow down the search for the lost CRU confidentiality agreements, it seems to me that the logical place to start is with the following nine countries: Iran, Algeria, Taiwan, Croatia, Israel, South Africa, Syria, Mali, Congo. Did Dr Phil enter into confidentiality agreements with all or some of these nine countries? If so, what are the terms? And why are these agreements â??lostâ??

And exactly when were these agreements entered into? Our analysis shows that these agreements are not hoary old agreements from early Oak Ridges-CDIAC days, but were made well within the IPCC period. As a long-time IPCC hand, Jones knew of the IPCC commitment to â??openness and transparencyâ?.
Did Jones seek approval from an advisory board or some other form of independent oversight prior to unilaterally entering into confidentiality agreements with various totalitarian (and other) regimes? If these few confidentiality agreements are sufficient to poison public disclosure of the entire database (as CRU and the Met Office now argue), how was Phil Jones able to poison the public availability of the database through a few seemingly unsupervised confidentiality agreements?

https://climateaudit.org/2009/08/04/dr-phil-confidential-agent/

Bebben

Det er mye artig historikk på Climate Audit. Dessverre førte den enorme interessen etter Climategate til at serveren krasjet, og at en del data/poster gikk tapt.

Mitt favoritt Phil Jones-sitat er dette:

We have 25 or so years invested in the work. Why should I make the data available to you, when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it. There is IPR [Intellectual Property Rights] to consider.

Med andre ord er det bare 2 ting som er viktigere enn å redde menneskeheten/planeten fra global oppvarming, nemlig egen karriere og egen bankkonto.

Jeg fortalte en gang dette til en ingeniør som jobber med sikkerhetsrelaterte ting i Nordsjøen, og som ikke visste noe særlig om klimadebatten. Han holdt på å le seg i hjel.

Mitt generelle inntrykk er likevel at klimaforskningen (og tidsskriftene) har bedret seg på dette punktet - at de ikke har klart å være immune mot den massive kritikken i kjølvannet av hockeykøllen og Climategate.

Jo dårligere tider, jo bedre skjemt! (Ernst Röhl)