The Law, Lawsuits, And Climate Change

Started by Ryddegutt, 13.02.2016, 23:42:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryddegutt

Her er Tim Balls historie om bl.a Manns saksøking av han:

Lawsuits filed to silence free speech are known as Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation (SLAPP). Politicianâ??s and lawyers realized these lawsuits were contrary to the objectives of free speech and as a result, 48 of the 50 US States introduced anti-SLAPP legislation. Eight of ten Canadian Provinces also wrote such legislation. British Columbia planned to pass legislation but an election intervened, and the new government did not pursue it. Hence, BC became a place where such lawsuits are within the law.

Consider the implications of the Mann lawsuit. It was filed in the BC Supreme Court against a Canadian citizen by a Canadian lawyer on behalf of an American citizen for an incident that occurred in the Canadian Province of Manitoba. Apart from two of the US States, it is unlikely the lawsuits against me would happen. I say this because I wrote the Foreword to the book Green Gospel and the author received a lawsuit filed on behalf of Gavin Schmidt in Washington State. The author informed me that the legal advice was just tell them to go away.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/02/13/the-law-lawsuits-and-climate-change/