IPCC and Data Access

Started by Ryddegutt, 02.02.2016, 15:16:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryddegutt

Her er en pussig historie om Kafka-prosessen Steve McIntyre opplevde da han var reviwer for IPCC og ville se på rådata for studiene han skulle vurdere:

"i am leary of passing all of this around but in this case i am glad in that osborn et alneed to know what is going on â?? they should fire him as a reviewer of IPCC â?? i cant believe they included him in the first place! So, please email him back and tell him that he should as he says take it up with the ipcc authors and see whether it is still appropriate to include him as a reviewer. we should however be very cautious about our emails, lord v will stop at nothing (this is sort of fun in a harry potter way)"

http://climateaudit.org/2007/03/28/accessing-hegerl-data/

Ex-administrator

Fint med slike tilbakeblikk. Dette er et viktig kapittel å ta med seg.

Bebben

Quote from: Ryddegutt on 02.02.2016, 15:16:05
Her er en pussig historie om Kafka-prosessen Steve McIntyre opplevde da han var reviwer for IPCC og ville se på rådata for studiene han skulle vurdere:

"i am leary of passing all of this around but in this case i am glad in that osborn et alneed to know what is going on â?? they should fire him as a reviewer of IPCC â?? i cant believe they included him in the first place! So, please email him back and tell him that he should as he says take it up with the ipcc authors and see whether it is still appropriate to include him as a reviewer. we should however be very cautious about our emails, lord v will stop at nothing (this is sort of fun in a harry potter way)"

http://climateaudit.org/2007/03/28/accessing-hegerl-data/

Da McIntyre insisterte på å få tilgang til dataene for å kunne gjøre jobben sin som reviewer, truet Susan Solomon ham med å sparke ham fra prosessen. Saken har omsider fått en oppdatering etter at dataene ble tilgengelige... NI �R senere.

QuoteIn todayâ??s post, Iâ??ll show an absolutely breathtaking example of biased ex post picking by Dâ??Arrigo et al in the Dâ??Arrigo et al 2006 CNWT chronology.  It was impossible for anyone to identify the full measure of this bias at the time or for many years afterwards, as Dâ??Arrigo and coauthors failed to archive data at the time and refused to provide it when requested. They were supported in their refusal by IPCC WG1 Co-Chair Susan Solomon, who, as CA readers are aware, threatened me with expulsion as an IPCC AR4 reviewer for seeking supporting data for Dâ??Arrigo et al 2006 (then cited in preprint by AR4).   The data showing the cherry picking only became available in 2014 as part of a belated archiving program in the final year of Gordon Jacobyâ??s life.

Quoteas I mentioned in the text, I was quite prepared to look closely at the data as an AR4 reviewer, but IPCC refused to provide me the data and threatened to expel me as a reviewer for requesting data. The data wasnâ??t archived until NINE years after my original request and, without the data, no reviewer could assess any of this even if they wanted.

Jo dårligere tider, jo bedre skjemt! (Ernst Röhl)