Viktig aktør lite bekymret

Started by ConTrari1, 15.08.2020, 21:08:01

Previous topic - Next topic

ConTrari1

Veldig lite bekymret. Og dette er ingen hvemsomhelst, det er Dr. Jochen Marotzke ved Max-Planck Institute for Meteorology (MPIM), fra NTZ:

In an interview with flagship daily Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ here), Max-Planck Institute for Meteorology (MPIM) Director Dr. Jochen Marotzke said predicting how many degrees of warming we need to prepare for was like reading tea leaves and that he is not worried about "climate tipping points". (min utheving)

Det er oppsiktsvekkende hvor mange varmluftballonger han stikker hull på. Klima-katastrofe, vippepunkter....NO PROBLEM!

Om klimamodeller og klimafølsomheten:
When asked about the results of the French model released earlier this year, which assumes five degrees of warming for a doubling of atmospheric CO2, Marotzke expressed his amazement, telling the FAZ what he thought of the French scientists: "My God, what are you doing? Because it is very, very unlikely that the true climate is as sensitive as these new models show."

Om vippepunkter:
Later in the interview, the FAZ touched on the so-called "tipping points in the climate system", which are "threshold values that set irreversible processes in motion that, once started, can no longer be stopped." Possible tipping points named by some scientists include the Greenland Ice Sheet, Gulf Stream, West Antarctica:, coral reefs, Amazon dying etc.

On whether they could happen, Marotzke views it as "conceivable" and that it "cannot be ruled out" and with "almost all of them we don't know where we stand."

When asked which one is most worrying, he replied: "None".

Om Grønland:
And not even the melting of the Greenland ice sheet worries the MPIM Director. He told the FAZ:  "It's gonna take so long – a couple thousand years. I don't see any risk with Greenland."

Om permafrost og metan:
He is also not worried about the permafrost thawing, saying the contribution to warming "is relatively small."

"Besides, even if the permafrost thaws, it is uncertain how much of the methane actually reaches the atmosphere," said Marotzke. "Methane can be converted by bacteria to CO₂. I am not worried about methane."

Så hva -om noe- er han bekymret for? Jo, det er Gretas mantra og krav, "I want you to panic":
When asked about what he is worried about, he replies: "That the panic will backfire." Marotzke warns against spreading panic: " It can become incendiary. The question is, at what point do the risks of climate protection measures exceed the risks of climate change? Panic does not help here, only relatively sober analysis and weighing up – and a democratic discussion will help."

The question is, at what point do the risks of climate protection measures exceed the risks of climate change?

Er det sånn det går når man ikke kan reise på COP-møte hvert år? Fornuften melder sin tilbakekomst? Dette er en alvorlig kalddusj for "het klode-hoder". For tysktalende kan FAZ artikkelen anbefales, det er enda flere "fornektelser" av de vanligste skremslene der, ("Ja, Hamburg finnes fortsatt i år 2100") selv om han holder fast ved behovet for reduserte utslipp, etc. Men det spiller ingen rolle, en kjetter er han likefullt, for det er bare ved hjelp av krisemaksimering at alarmismen kan vinne frem. Her blir den klippet til vingeroten. Dette må være et av årets viktigste innlegg i klimadebatten, Marotzke kan man ikke ignorere.

https://notrickszone.com/2020/08/14/max-planck-institute-for-meteorology-director-not-worried-about-climate-tipping-points-worried-about-panic/

Du må være litt gal, ellers blir du gæærn.