Michael Mann: "the climate pandemic path" er mye verre enn corona

Started by Telehiv, 30.03.2020, 12:14:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Telehiv

Legger denne posten inn under Media og Politikk, siden Michael Manns gjøren og laden neppe forsvarer å havne under noe forskningsrelatert.

Han bruker jo etter hvert mye av tiden sin på enten å skrive brev til medier om hvor viktig han er i kampen for å redde verden fra hans nykonstruerte begrep "the climate pandemic path", eller anlegge sak mot folk han føler seg krenket av. Nå synes han mest å ha blitt bekymret for at Covid-19 kan ta klimapengene fra ham, noe vi ser flere av hans kumpaner også begynner å klage på nå.

Nå har Mann derfor skrevet et brev til Boston Globe ifm corona-saken - hvis alvorlighet han hevder kommer i annen rekke ifht "an even greater underlying threat: human-caused climate change". Brevet hans reflekterer ikke uventet hans stadig mer keiserlige posering som verdensfrelser, og som derfor fortjener å gjengis i sin helhet:

Climatologist makes clear: We're still on pandemic path with global warming

"I am relieved to see policy makers treating the coronavirus threat with the urgency it deserves. They need to do the same when it comes to an even greater underlying threat: human-caused climate change.
In a recent column ("I'm skeptical about climate alarmism, but I take coronavirus fears seriously," Ideas, March 15), Jeff Jacoby sought to  reconcile his longstanding rejection of the wisdom of scientific expertise when it comes to climate with his embrace of such expertise when it comes to the coronavirus.
In so doing, Jacoby took my words out of context, mischaracterizing my criticisms of those who overstate the climate threat "in a way that presents the problem as unsolvable, and feeds a sense of doom, inevitability, and hopelessness."
As I have pointed out in past commentaries, the truth is bad enough when it comes to the devastating impacts of climate change, which include unprecedented floods, heat waves, drought, and wildfires that are now unfolding around the world, including the United States and Australia, where I am on sabbatical.
The evidence is clear that climate change is a serious challenge we must tackle now. There's no need to exaggerate it, particularly when it feeds a paralyzing narrative of doom and hopelessness.
There is still time to avoid the worst outcomes, if we act boldly now, not out of fear, but out of confidence that the future is still largely in our hands. That sentiment hardly supports Jacoby's narrative of climate change as an overblown problem or one that lacks urgency.
While we have only days to flatten the curve of the coronavirus, we've had years to flatten the curve of CO2 emissions. Unfortunately, thanks in part to people like Jacoby, we're still currently on the climate pandemic path.

Michael E. Mann
State College, Pa.
The writer is a professor at Penn State University, where he is director of the Earth System Science Center."

Link: https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/19/opinion/climatologist-makes-clear-were-still-pandemic-path-with-global-warming/

ConTrari1

Corona-Klima: 1-0. I Nederland tapte myndighetene rettssaken som ble reist mot dem av bl.a. Urgenda-aksjonen. De ble dømt til å reduser co2 utslippene drastisk bare i løpet av dette året. Hvordan domstolen så for seg at dette skulle gjennomføres er en gåte. Men nå snur Corona det meste opp-ned, også klimapolitikken.

"A real crises asks all energy and money to be directed to other goals than the virtual goal of 'trying to avoid a possible danger for the year 2100'. Even the internationally well known 'Urgenda Court Ruling' does not have any priority. In the words of the Minister: "The court ruling is not off the table, but there are other priorities"."

""Many people now have other things to do. So do we." said minister Wiebes from the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy."

Sier den nederlandske klima-ministeren. "...there are other priorities." Mao; en ekte krise skyver den innbilte krisen ut i skyggenes dal.
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/03/29/dutch-cabinet-postpones-new-climate-measures-because-of-virus/
Du må være litt gal, ellers blir du gæærn.