Verdens sjøis nærmer seg ny rekord

Started by Smiley, 30.11.2014, 13:21:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Smiley

Siden 1979 har sjøisen vært nøye målt. I 1979 var det 24,7 millioner kvadratkilometer sjøis.
I oktober 2014 er det nå 24,5 millioner kvadratkilometer og isen ser ut til å vokse en del til i nord pga vinteren.

Ps!
De nye November tallene gir 11 i nord og 15 i sør så rekorden er faktum! Men siden det er sommer i sør så spørs det hvor lenge den holder seg, men det er likevel et interresant faktum at denne høsten har mest sjøis når 2014 skal bli verdens varmeste år.

Objektiv

�rsaken skal være kraftigere vind i antarktis:
Quoteâ??The overwhelming evidence is that the Southern Ocean is warming,â? said author Jinlun Zhang, an oceanographer at the UW Applied Physics Laboratory. â??Why would sea ice be increasing? Although the rate of increase is small, it is a puzzle to scientists.â?

His new study shows that stronger westerly winds swirling around the South Pole can explain 80 percent of the increase in Antarctic sea ice volume in the past three decades.

The polar vortex that swirls around the South Pole is not just stronger than it was when satellite records began in the 1970s, it has more convergence, meaning it shoves the sea ice together to cause ridging. Stronger winds also drive ice faster, which leads to still more deformation and ridging. This creates thicker, longer-lasting ice, while exposing surrounding water and thin ice to the blistering cold winds that cause more ice growth.

http://www.washington.edu/news/2013/09/17/stronger-winds-explain-puzzling-growth-of-sea-ice-in-antarctica/

Smiley

Joda noen av oss vet at det ikke betyr noe om sydpolen holder -18 eller -20. Vannet fryser likevel. Det er vind, strømforhold og bølger/vannstrømmer som avgjør isen. Det samme i nord. Når vind og strøm fyller det artiske basenget vokser isen. Når vind og strøm går andre vei forsvinner isen.