WUWT melder om "deplatforming"

Started by Telehiv, 16.07.2020, 09:26:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Telehiv

The Democratic Donkey har også sparket bakut?

Watts: "WUWT is being deplatformed* – service interruptions the next few days"

Anthony Watts er grunnleggeren av WUWT, "The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change".
Nå melder han at de har fått et prisangrep som tvinger dem bort fra siten de har brukt de siste to årene, og tilbake til wordpress.com der forumet startet i 2007. IT-ringreven Watts melder forøvrig at han har sørget for at alt materiale hos wordpress.com er blitt lagret der i tilfelle av at WUWT skulle bli utsatt for nettopp noe sånt. Så intet historisk materiale skal gå tapt pga. dette.
Vi får bare følge med og satse på at ting er i normal gjenge igjen ganske raskt.

*Deplatforming, also known as no-platforming, is a form of political activism or prior restraint by an individual, group, or organization with the goal of shutting down controversial speakers or speech, or denying them access to a venue in which to express their opinion. Tactics used to achieve this goal among community groups include direct action and Internet activism. It is also a method used by social media and other technology companies to selectively suspend, ban, or otherwise restrict access to their platform by users who have allegedly violated the platform's terms of service, particularly terms regarding hate speech.

Banking and financial service providers, among other companies, have also denied services to controversial activists or organizations, a practice known as financial deplatforming. The term deplatforming also refers generally to tactics, often organized using social media, for preventing controversial speakers or speech from being heard. Deplatforming tactics have included disruption of speeches, attempts to have speakers disinvited to a venue or event, and various forms of personal harassment including efforts to have an individual fired or blacklisted.

Link: https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/07/15/wuwt-is-being-deplatformed-service-interuptions-the-next-few-days/